Last Updated on July 13, 2021 by Harry Holden
Are you facing discord app not opening issues? No matter how many times you update or delete the app and reinstall it, sometimes, the problem won’t solve! Then how to fix Discord not opening in easy steps?
We have come up with three methods for fixing the app not opening. Take a look and you will be relieved!
3 Easy Methods of Opening Discord
Killing the Discord Task
The first and easiest solution to learn how to fix Discord not opening is to kill the task.
- First, you have to go to Create New Task. In the dialog box, you have to write “cmd” making sure that you have selected the box below that says “create this task with administrative privileges.” Then, go and select OK.
2. After clicking OK, you will see a new window appear. In that window, you have to type this.
Type: taskkill /F / IM discord.exe
3. Once you are done with the process, you have to go through the app once again and re-launch the app. After doing this, the app will work just fine.
Know how to solve: Discord Crashing
Now, another easy option for you to fix the Discord app opening is to clear the data. By Data, we mean App Data here.
4. First, you have to go through method 1 we have mentioned above and kill the app. If the app doesn’t work after killing, you can proceed with this second method.
5.Now, you have to go through the keyboard and press Windows Key and R together. You will see the RUN dialog box. There, type %appdata%. Once you have typed it, you can easily select the OK option in the below portion. And a new window will come on the screen.
6. In the new window, you have to search for the Discord folder. Once you find it, you have to delete it and then re-launch the app. In this manner, you can clear the app data. On the other hand, if you want to clear the local data, in the place of %appdata%, you can type %localdata% and proceed with the next steps.
Recheck the Proxies
This is the last method of fixing the Discord app when it doesn’t open.
- In the first step, you have to go through the Windows search box, and there, you need to type Control Panel. Once the Control Panel options appear, click it.
2. In the Control Panel, there will be several options available. From the options, you have to find Network and Internet. Once you find it, you check to go through the sub-options and select the Internet Options.
3. After clicking, you will see an Internet Proprieties window on the screen. There will be several tab options on the top part. From the list, select the Connection tab.
4. Right after clicking it, go through the LAN settings section below and click it. It will take you forward and you have to search for Proxy Server. Below it, you will find Use a Proxy Server for Your LAN. All you need to do is take off the tick mark and make sure it is unchecked.
If you follow these methods, all your Discord not opening problems will be solved easily! However, there are also other advanced methods to solve this difficulty. But for now, these will be enough to do the work! Stay tuned for the advanced methods, we will be right back!