Last Updated on March 15, 2022
Communicating while playing games has been taken to a new height with Discord. Nowadays, there are only a few gamers that don’t use Discord because of the flexibility this app provides, you cannot get it anywhere else! And that takes us to the bothersome notifications of the app while you work! Now, can you mute the notifications for this?
Yes, you can! Let’s tell you how to turn off notifications on Discord and set them according to your preference! Take a look to know more!
Methods of Muting Discord Notifications
Discord Notifications not Working for Server Notifications
When it comes to disabling notifications on Discord, the first thing that comes to our mind is muting the server notification. If the notifications are not working, you might have muted it. This will mute all the notifications of the Discord server and undoing it will unmute it.
- First of all, go to Discord and search for the server that you want to mute. You will get the menu on the left part of the screen. There, you have to right-click. You will see a dropdown menu there. From the list, you have to select Notification settings and click it.
Here, you will get different options to choose from. You will see-
- Mute Server
- Server Notifications Settings
- Suppress @everyone and @here
- Suppress All Role @mentions
- Mobile Push Notifications
- Notification Overrides
One by one, we will explain the details of these so that you can decide which one to pick.
If you go for this option, all the notifications from the server will stop. However, you can decide to mute them for a specific period. You can go for 15 minutes to 60 minutes to 24 hours. Or else, you can plan to mute it until you manually turn it on!
Server Notifications Settings
With this option, you will be able to select the types of notifications that you want to mute. All Messages are there to serve you with the notifications of all the messages on your server. On the contrary, if you settle for @mentions, it will only send you notifications if you are mentioned somewhere. If you do not pick up anyone, all the notifications will be blocked.
Suppress @everyone and @here
When somebody uses @everyone, the notification is usually sent server’s every member. On the other hand, when someone uses the @here command, it notifies the server’s every member that is online at that moment. If you want to mute such notifications, this option is bliss. With this command, you can easily mute the notifications that include @everyone or the ones that contain @here.
Suppress All Role @mentions
When somebody mentions @admin, @mod, or any other such role, it sends notifications to all the Admins or Moderators or whoever is mentioned. If you plan to mute such notifications, you can settle for this option.
If your phone is connected to your mobile phone, there are times that Discord sends the notification of mentions to your phone. In that case, this option should be toggled. And if it is not, the notifications won’t disturb your phone.
If you want to override any settings that you have set in the previous steps, you can do it here. If you have decided to mute everything on the last steps, you can decide to override it for some specific cases here!
Discord Desktop Notifications not Working
For Windows, you too have methods to switch off all the notifications from the Discord app. When you do nto get notifications, you might have muted it unintentionally. Here is the process of making it right!
- First, go to the Taskbar of your Windows and go for the Start icon. A menu will appear and from that part, you have to search for Settings.
2. Once you get Settings, get into it and select System. Check the left part and you will see Notifications & Actions. Find the Get Notifications from Apps and Senders and toggle it. You are done muting it! And if you are getting no notifications, you have to toggle it once again and your notifications will start working!
Now that you have learned how to mute the server notifications, you can go for the option to mute any specific channel or some specific channels.
Single Channel Mute
For muting a single channel, follow this method.
- First, go to Discord, and there, search for the Channel List. On the list, you have to find out the channel you want to mute. There, right-click on your mouse. Take your cursor and hover over that specific channel now.
- You will see a dropdown menu. From the list, you have to pick up the time length for the mute operation. Just like before, you can settle for 15 minutes to 60 minutes to 8 hours to 24 hours. Or if you want, you can select the manual method which will only be turned on if you unmute it manually.
Multiple Channel Mute
If you want, you can also mute several channels together. Check out the steps for that.
- Go to Discord and search for the Channel list. There, you will see categories. All you need to do is find the category that you want to mute. On the title, you have to right-click, and then just like before, you have to take the mouse and hover over the selected category.
- Now, you can go for the time length you wise. There will be several time lengths available. Pick up one and you are done muting multiple channels together!
You can also mute a specific user’s notifications on Discord. Go through the steps to make it work!
- Firstly, you have to go to Discord and check the right portion. There, you will find a menu and all you have to do is take your cursor and search for the specific user’s profile. Once you find the profile icon, you are ready for the next step.
- In the next step, you will see a popup list after clicking the right button of your mouse. Among the several options, you will see an option called MUTE. All you have to do is click it and the user will be muted. In this case, keep in mind that if you need to unmute this user, you have to go through the same process and unmute the user manually; otherwise, you will see discord notifications are not working for this specific user.
Who told you that you have to hold back when unnecessary notifications from Discord are bothering you! You can simply go for the mute option and mute it!
And the best part is you can mute such notifications in several ways depending on your priority list! Check it out and make it work!