Slack is a great way to interact with team members in your company, and this popup feature allows archiving of channels. When you archive channels, any future posts in the archived channel are deleted; however, team members still have access to view the archived channel. Before you archive a channel, make sure you know how to archive a Slack channel, so you won’t accidentally lose any important information.
Archive Slack Channel on PC easily
If you are using Slack on your PC, you are in the right place. Archiving one channel to keep it away from people’s eyes can be confusing to you.
Well, for PC users, this method will be helpful. Take a look at how you can archive a slack channel on your computer! You can use this method for Slack archive private channels too!
- As we are working on Slack, the first job is to get into Slack. Once you open Slack, you have to provide the necessary details. These details will help you log into your account. If the account is already logged in, getting into Slack is enough.
- Once you are in your Slack account, it’s time to go on with the process of archiving a specific channel. For this, you need to check the left sidebar on Slack first. Here, there will be the names of the channels.
All the channels will be listed in this list. All you need is to search for the channel that you want to archive.
3. When you find the particular channel that you want to archive, you have to click on that specific channel. After clicking that channel, you will get into that channel. There, you have to search for the Settings option for the channel.
This will be at the top part of the channel. Check the name of the channel and right beside the name, you will get to see the gear icon. Take your cursor on this icon and click on it.
4. Now that you have clicked the gear icon, all the settings options for this channel will appear before you. There will be a drop-down menu from where; you can select the specific settings you prefer. Check the list and search for the Additional Options. Once you get it, click on it.
5. This will bring out the Additional Option settings available for the specific channel. There will be different options for archiving the channel, renaming it or setting the description, etc.
All you need is to go for the first option which is called Archive the Channel. Click on this option and you are done. The channel will be archived for as long as you want!
Archiving Slack Channel on Mobile
If you enjoy a Slack channel, learn how to share Slack channel links and make it a larger space for all of the users! But what if you want to stay away for the channel for some period?
This is when you archive it! You have seen the channel archiving method for the PC. But what if you are using a mobile? Well, here’s how you can archive a particular channel on your mobile device.
- First of all, as always, you have to open the Slack app on your phone. Then, you need to head for the channels. You will find the channels on the Main Menu. Once you get the Channels, move to the next step.
- In the second step, you need to go for the channel you want to archive. There will be a carrot right beside the name of the channel you want to archive. Click on this one.
3. And finally, you will see several options appear before you. Scroll down and check the bottom part of the page. There, you will see an option called Archive. All you need is to click on it and your job is done!
How To Archive Channel In Slack
Through these methods, you can simply archive any Slack channel whenever you want! This will keep the homepage neat. Also, you will be able to save the information without the worry of people posting on the channel now and then!